Friday, August 24, 2012

Using Cupboard Doors

I've seen a lot of neat ideas lately of how people have been using the insides of their cupboard doors for all kinds of neat organizational ideas....pinboards, chalkboards, menu planning, spice racks, etc...just type "inside cupboard" into Pinterest and you'll see what I mean. :) It's a cool way to put otherwise wasted space to use. 

(By the way, if anyone is interested in joining Pinterest, let me know and I can send you an invite!)


My utensil drawer is a bit scary and I'm always having to dig stuff out to find what I need...I also keep my measuring cups in this drawer, and the handles like to poke up and snag the drawer so I can't open it...cute. I need to get this whole drawer more organized and functional, but for today I'm just starting by getting my measuring cups out of here. This will give me some more space in the drawer, plus make it easier to just grab the cup I need, instead of having to dig for it. :)


I picked up a few packs of these Command hooks at Menards...I think they were $2.22 for a 3 pack this size. 


 To hang the hooks, start by peeling off the RED side of the adhesive strip.


Press the exposed adhesive to the back of the hook.


Now peel off the BLACK side.


Press the hook against whatever surface you're adhering it too. Hold it firmly for a few seconds. If you're hanging anything that weighs very much, wait about an hour before hanging it up.


And voila! :) Now I can just grab the right measuring cup without having to dig for it...nice and neat. 

You may have noticed that the white 1/4 cup wound up lower than the other white cups....those of you who know me well will know how MUCH that bothers me....lol. Oh well. :)